My prescription number on my contact lenses is -7.00, what does this mean?
I know im nearsighted, but what exactly does the -7 mean and what are the typical range if numbers, do you think mine is high
Does it mean you're hungry?
Cause I'm hungry
You have the same contact prescription as me. -7.00 is in the high middle range. -0.50 is the mildest prescription (better eyesight) and -12.00 is the worst, at least in terms of regular contacts for near sighted people.
Negative numbers denote nearsightedness while positive numbers denote farsightnedness.
I've always had bad eyesight, and compared to the average person, yes, it's high, but it's not as bad as it could be. Meaning, it's not the worst prescription you can have.
- How to convert my contact lens prescription to a number like 20/20?
- I am nearsighted and i want contact lenses whats the vision number for it?
- Is vision affected if the prescription in a lens is off by a number?
- Do you wear glasses/contacts? What's your prescription number?
- Can I get torric lenses with out the sphere number added?